APPLY: Position Details
The Director of Conservation Policy and Advocacy plays an integral role in supporting Shedd Aquarium’s mission to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world. The Director works with the Sr. Vice President of Conservation Partnerships and Programs to direct conservation policy and advocacy at Shedd Aquarium.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in planning, development and implementation of ocean/Great Lakes Policy work.
- Minimum of seven years in a management role, including budget responsibility.
- Experience in executive branch, legislative branch and non-profit sectors.
- Outstanding communication skills, including writing and public speaking. Ability to effectively communicate conservation issues to the general public and special audiences.
- Demonstrated interest in and personal commitment to addressing current conservation and sustainability issues and awareness of local, national and international issues.
- Experience working in the conservation community.
- Experience managing complex relationships, people management and team building.
- Demonstrated experience with financial and grants management.