This is a professional position with GAI Consultants, Inc. in the Chicago, Illinois area. This individual will act as an Assistant Environmental Manager for the environmental siting, survey and permitting of energy infrastructure related projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide task lead experience and project management assistance with environmental permitting (local, state and federal) and compliance support for key segments of the energy industry.
- Assist with the coordination of interdisciplinary work teams and overall task management of field efforts for construction inspection and erosion control monitoring, wetland and stream delineations, engineering, and endangered species surveys and monitoring.
- Assist with the completion of and management over the preparation of permit applications and associated environmental reporting.
- Assist with proposal preparation and cost estimating.
- Technical responsibility for natural resource, environmental science, GIS and engineering tasks.
- Conduct quality control reviews.
- Control expenditures within limitations of project budget and monitor budget status.
- Interface with customers as necessary to insure customer needs are met.
- Provide status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
- Assist with mentorship and direction of junior environmental staff.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.