In support of its mission, LUCHA is developing 45 units of affordable housing through its Tierra Linda development. Tierra Linda will incorporate cutting-edge designs for energy efficiency, as well as tenant programming for health and wellness. The ideal team candidate will combine energy, analytic skills and passion for community development to assist Tierra Linda through completion and to creatively devise of new housing developments with the LUCHA team and members of the community. The Building Development Associate will report to the Director of Building Development and will assist with management and administrative tasks to help LUCHA develop and maintain high-quality and beautiful affordable housing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, initiate, and assist in new housing development opportunities including but not limited to: consistent with LUCHA mission, evaluation of potential sites to determine feasibility, negotiation of purchase agreements, exploration of financing for new projects, securing predevelopment financing, and obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Research development options to determine project feasibility (i.e., scattered site, rehab, new construction); research development financing options and equity sources; assist with financial modeling and analysis for future developments.
- Liaise with community organizers and leaders in planning for new developments; coordinate and assist with community and political support efforts.
- Create requests for proposals for development team/consultants and negotiate contracts; manage pre-development activities (i.e., surveys, market studies, design services, etc.)
- Assist with negotiating and securing sources of development financing; negotiate terms and conditions for acquisition of properties; prepare tax credit, grant, and loan applications for specific developments.
- Assist with coordination, review, and completion of documents for closings.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports to financial institutions and funding agencies; review and submit required documents for draws and funding payouts.
- In coordination with Property Management, ensure that lease-up and tenant stabilization requirements and objectives are established, communicated, and achieved.
- Duties as assigned by the Executive Director and the Director of Building Development.