Provide written and oral advocacy in furtherance of NRDC’s utility reform, clean energy and energy efficiency priorities at state legislatures, state agencies, the executive branch, and regulatory proceedings before public utilities commissions across the Midwest (state-specific role possible, TBD).
- Develop state-level support in select states to defend, and to the extent possible, further federal energy and environmental policy; build local partnerships and provide leadership at state policy tables.
- Conduct policy research and analysis to develop and support positions.
- Coordinate and represent NRDC in coalitions on specific issue-areas.
- Provide strong expertise and experience to inform strategy, campaign activities, and stakeholder engagement.
- Respond to media requests and develop advocacy material to spread NRDC’s message.
- Work with the Deputy Director and other members of the team, as appropriate, to set priorities, budgets and timelines and effectively deploy consultants and partners to meet project timelines and objectives. As appropriate, manage state and regional budgets.
- Be part of a strong and collegial team that is both focused on meeting project expectations and using the full range of expertise at NRDC and among its partners to support effective change.
Deadline: Open until filled.