The 12th annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference will be in Sandusky, Ohio on September 20–22! For three days you'll learn about cutting-edge Great Lakes issues at the largest annual gathering of Great Lakes advocates and supporters.
Register today. We look forward to seeing you in at Cedar Point next month!
Featured Environmental Justice Sessions
Environmental injustices often and disproportionally affect front-line communities and urban centers. The harmful impacts of pollution negatively impact these communities. For those reasons and more, this year’s restoration conference will have a focus on learning, discussing and finding innovative ways to tackle these challenging issues. If you want to learn more about how to effectively engage with people and organizations working in urban centers, learn about how to interact with the dozens of sovereign tribal nations across the Great Lakes, or hear innovative approaches to restoration in front-line communities, then you won’t want to miss this conference!
Sessions and events will include:
- ‘Best Practices’: An Urban View on Navigating Urban Centers – Tuesday September 20, 10:15 a.m.
- Panel Discussion: Better Restoration through Tribal Involvement – Tuesday September 20, 1:15 p.m.
- Cleveland: From Vacancy to Vitality – Tuesday September 20, 1:15 p.m.
- Flint, Living with Contaminated Water/Toledo, Two Years Later – Wednesday September 21, 9:00 a.m.
- Growing Sustainable Water Solutions – Wednesday, September 21, 10:15 a.m
- A Changing Landscape: Engaging New Constituencies – Wednesday, September 21, 10:15 a.m.
- Community Engagement Through Green Infrastructure – Wednesday, September 21, 1:15 p.m.
- Race and Class in the Environmental Movement: Looking Back and Moving Forward – Wednesday, September 21, 2:30 p.m
To register for the conference, please click this registration link. We look forward to seeing you in Sandusky in September!
More information can be found on our website at conference.healthylakes.org.